HAMILTON LEADERS ACADEMY
The Hamilton Leaders Academy is a 5-year program that helps students gain acceptance to college and transition successfully to university life and the workforce.
Each academic year runs from September through April and concludes with a week-long summer leadership institute called “Leader Week.” Scholars receive mentorship and support throughout the academic year and each Leader Weeks brings them together for a week of intensive leadership training.
Through a competitive application process, 35 to 40 high school juniors are selected nationwide as Hamilton Scholars. Winners receive:
- A $500 scholarship to defray college application costs
- Commemorative certificates and signed copies of Alexander Hamilton biographies
- Letters of commendation to their local, state, and national officials
Most importantly, Scholars are enrolled in the Hamilton Leaders Academy.
(Programs listed in white boxes are not yet available. Philadelphia Leader Week is due in 2017. The Hamilton Summit is due in 2018.)
ACADEMIC YEAR 1
During their senior year of high school, our Scholars navigate the college search with the help of our admissions and financial aid experts. The curriculum focuses on:
- College application, scholarship, and financial aid assistance
- Mentoring and goal setting
- Leadership training in Seattle
ACADEMIC YEAR 2
In their freshman year of college, we support our Scholars with the transition to college. The curriculum focuses on:
- Internship opportunities
- Financial literacy and time management
- Leadership training through an international service-learning project
ACADEMIC YEAR 3
During the sophomore and junior years of college, we focus on practical skills that help our Scholars as they apply for internships and jobs, including:
- Workplace networking & etiquette
- Resume review & mock interviews
- Leadership training in Dallas
During their college summers, Scholars apply for competitive paid internships made available through our program. We offer internships at the following locations:
- New-York Historical Society
- Morgan Stanley
- Hamilton Scholars’ headquarters in Seattle
Additionally, Scholars can apply for financial support for internships which align with their career goals, but require financial outlays beyond their means.
Learn more about the internship program.